Records Request & Forms
Request copies of your DCFS Records
To request your DCFS records, please complete the appropriate DCFS Records Request Form and submit your request to the appropriate records specialist below.
All requests for records must be submitted in accordance with the Utah Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA). This refers to the state statutes governing the privacy of records and when they can be released. For additional information, visit Archives.utah.gov opens in a new tab.
Records Specialist Information
Out-of-state caseworkers requesting records for the purpose of an investigation:
- Complete a request for records on your state's letterhead.
- State that the purpose is for a current investigation.
- Include the children's and parent's names and dates of birth.
- Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your work badge or a business card.
If you need further help or have questions, please contact our DCFS Constituent Services at email@example.com.
Client & Provider Forms
- Background Screening Request Form opens in a new tab
- Request an Administrative Hearing opens in a new tab
- Solicitud para una Audiencia Administrativa opens in a new tab
- Request for Expungement of Allegations opens in a new tab
An individual may request to expunge an allegation in which they are identified as a perpetrator or alleged perpetrator by submitting a completed Request for Allegation Sealing form. Allegations must meet criteria as outlined in Utah Administrative Rule R512-76.
- Authorization to Release Information Maintained by DCFS to a Third Party opens in a new tab