Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

PLEASE call the Child Abuse Intake Hotline at 1-855-323-3237 to speak with an Intake worker about your concerns. Through the Intake process, you will have the option to remain anonymous, but be able to share vital information about the family and children you are concerned about.

There is no minimum age that a child can be unsupervised in Utah. Child and Family Services uses the following definition to evaluate each situation:

Non-Supervision – The child is subjected to accidental harm or an unreasonable risk of accidental harm due to failure to supervise the child’s activities at a level consistent with the child’s age and maturity.

Utah Department of Workforce Services manages assistance programs. For more information, visit Additional assistance programs may also be found by calling 2-1-1.

Please visit DCFS Forms for instructions on completing the “Informed Consent and Liability Form.”

When sending the Request for an Administrative Hearing form (available by clicking here in English and here in Spanish), please address the envelope to the Division of Child and Family Services, Attn: Administrative Hearing Tracker.

Please send the request to the office listed below which is nearest to you. You can deliver your request in person, if you prefer. If you are not certain where to send the request, you can contact your caseworker for assistance.

1350 East 1450 South
Clearfield, UT 84015
Fax 801-773-2908

10008 South Creek Run Way
Sandy, UT 84070
Fax 801-561-7133

150 East Center Street Suite 5100
Provo, UT 84606
Fax 801-374-7822

350 West 800 South
Roosevelt, UT 84066
Fax 435-722-6566

106 North 100 East
Cedar City, UT 84720
Fax 435-865-3630

There is a Mutual-Consent Voluntary Adoption Registry set up to help adult adoptees and birth families find each other if both parties so desire. To get more information or to register with the Mutual-Consent Voluntary Adoption Registry, visit

You can find the steps to resolve concerns with your DCFS experience here.

All requests for records must be submitted in accordance with the Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA). This refers to the state statutes governing the privacy of records and conditions upon which they can be released. For additional information, please visit this page.

If you want to adopt a child who has been in foster care, you will need to become a licensed foster parent and should start by contacting the Utah Foster Care Foundation at 801-994-5205 or visit their website at

If you do not want to become a foster parent, children in Utah who are waiting for adoptive families can be seen on a website at

Contact the Utah Foster Care Foundation at 877-505-5437, or visit their web site at

Visit the Utah Department of Corrections Sex and Kidnap Offender Registry here.

Any questions dealing with custody are a legal matter and require an attorney. You can visit the Utah State Bar website for information on finding an attorney and also about free legal clinics offered in Utah. You can also call Legal Aid at 801-328-8849 or Legal Services at 801-328-8891.