Child Abuse

What should you do if you suspect somone is abusing a child?


Child Abuse and Neglect Investigation

Utah law requires any person who has reason to believe that a child has been subjected to abuse, neglect, or dependency to immediately notify the nearest office of Child and Family Services, a peace officer, or a law enforcement agency. Abuse, neglect, or dependency of a child can be physical, emotional, or sexual. Expand.

Adoption Agencies

Child Abuse Prevention

What is being done to prevent child abuse?

In partnership with the community, Child and Family Services supports preventive services and education to families to assist them in protecting their children. The child abuse and neglect prevention programs include programs funded by the Children's Account (also known as the Children's Trust Fund), Community Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP) Promoting Safe and Stable Families (PSSF), as well as state Crisis Nursery Funding. These fund parenting classes, evidence-based home visitation programs, statewide community and school-based education presentations, support to Grandparents raising grandchildren, and 14 different Crisis Nurseries in local Family Support Centers across the state, which  provide up to 72 hours of free care to children under the age of 12 as well as planned respite. Child and Family Services also participates on the state Child Abuse Advisory Council.

Domestic Violence

What Is Domestic Violence?

Domestic violence is any criminal offense involving violence or physical harm or threat of violence or physical harm when committed by one cohabitant against another. Domestic violence can also be referred to as IPV or Intimate Partner Violence. Domestic violence is against the law. Domestic violence in the presence of children is also against the law. Domestic violence should be reported.

Where to Get Help

1-800-897-LINK (5465)
The LINKline operates 24-7. The Statewide Domestic Violence Info-line will LINK you to free help, including counseling, shelter, and other services.

Shelters: http://www.udvc.org/linkline_shelters.pdf.

CALL 911 if you are in danger or have an emergency.

Post Adoption Services